Sunday, May 21, 2006

Whoosh

Funny how you end up places you didn't mean to be. I just wanted to comment on a blog I was reading and suddenly---WHOOSH--I was here typing trying desparately to figure out how to create something more than a blank page with print.
This really should come as no surprise to me considering how much of my life has had those "whoosh" moments. I was graduating from college in NY-whoosh-I was living in VA, delivering pizzas. I was married with 3 little girls, teaching at a private school for virutally no pay-whoosh-I was divorced, bankrupt and trying to support those kids on my own. I was finishing some graduate work, enjoying my life un-oppressed by a man and dedicated to enriching my kids lives-whoosh-I am remarried have a baby at age 38. I have been comfortably reformed protestant most of my life-WHOOSH- I am becoming Cahtolic.
Yup, kind of makes you a bit nervous about getting too comfortable. You just might slide into a whoosh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home