Thursday, January 18, 2007

School started again

I dug in and had the girls start school again Tuesday. Of course the younger one had managed to lose 3 of her books during the winter break. With the older I am trying to give her more choice in what she studies. I am not entirely sure how I feel about this. I read up on Sudbury schools and decided it way too radical a leap of educational faith for me. Yet I wanted her to take more charge of preparing for her future. So I let her choose what to study this semester. Sh chose to take an intro to Algebra class that was offered, read lots of literature, learn more about grammar, and look into animal health. We'll see how that goes.
Of course, the younger one is being a real stinker. I asked to see her math lessons for the week today and she couldn't find them. So I told her she had to re-do them if she couldn't locate them. (I had suspected she hadn't done them yesterday when couldn't tell me the subject of the lessons) So an hour later I check how far she has gotten. 2 problems done. So I said she had to work in her room instead of in front of the TV. That provoked her to stomp into her room screaming how unfair I was being. I am so mean, I expect her to do the work she is told to do instead of watching TV. (/me rolls my eyes.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home