Thursday, October 12, 2006

Brazen Becky on the Chesapeake Bay















I already spend enitrely too much time online pertending to be a pirate but last month my family headed to the coast for a nautical themed weekend. We camped in a county park and started with a cruise around the bay to see the modern Navy ships. We also happened to pass a couple sloops used for entertainement purposes. I was amazed how big a sloop is! My puzzlepirate sloop, the Caustic Muskellunge, seems really small and only needs 4 people to sail and is full at 7 people. The real thing was bigger than my house.
We also visited a museum that had clothes and the whole family had their picture made dressed as pirates. I learned a lot about the physics of ships and how hard it is to navigate and steer. I also found out NOAA, who does the weather also maps the bottom of the bay and ocean. Who would have thought? I don't know if the kids learned much about ships and naval history, but I had a great piraty time. Yarrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home