Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow Day in the South

Today was the first wintery day of the season. Yesterday a bit before noon is started to sleet and alternately sleeted and snowed well into the night. All this yuck only amounted to a bout an inch of crunchy snow on tyhe ground but it did manage to cancel school for my oldest. This distressed her greatly as she was scheduled to be on a bus at 6 am to go to the March for Life in DC. She went last year and loved it. It was a school sponsored event and she had even convinced her pro-abortion friend to go. (Her friend believes that people do not have souls until long after birth when they earn them so there is no reason not to kill them, which is probably a strange enough topic for a post all its own)
Anyway, the girls have been full of themselves all morning. Singing, joking, and getting along which is a major improvement. After lunch they took little sister out and pulled her around the yard on her new Christmas sled, much to her delight and let the dogs rumpus together.
I thought I would take the opportunity to drink a cold glass of ginger ale and catch up reading the message boards. So I went to the frisge to get some crushed ice for my drink. I pushed, nothing happened. So I put the ginger ale and water in the glass. Then I thought,"Surely I can get the ice thingy to work" so I jiggled and shook various parts and it began to make the appropriate grinding noise....but no ice came out. So I opened the freezer door and found that the chute was full of ice but had not triggered the flap to let it out into my glass. So I pushed on the ice pack and whoosh! all the ice that was backed up came exploding into my glass causing it to over flow and ice to spread all over the floor: my own personal kitchen ice storm I suppose.
Mean old Momma that I am, I still am making the homeschool duo do their work today. Although the older has disappeared into the shower for the past hour. I will get her when she emerges. Mwa ha ha.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home